Advantages & Benefits of High Power LED Lighting
Benefits of High Power LED Lighting
"Welcome to the free information service over renewable energy and the market of the most reliable and efficient products for wind and solar photovoltaic systems!"
Finally SOLARIX has arrived, the Mppt Solar Charge Controller that is able to increase the energy efficiency of photovoltaic systems up to 30%!
With this program you will be able to size correctly the electric cables to connect battery and inverter of your photovoltaic system.
Easy and free!
Welcome to this information page Mppt Solar. On this page we discuss the future of lighting: The LED lighting power. It can be used in many applications, from street lights to car headlights, lamps of illuminated with spotlights to illuminate the interior of the camper and the house. We will explain the advantages of this new technology, as is the emission of light and substances which determine the color of the light. The LED lighting is a very important element to consider when designing a photovoltaic and / or wind power for your home, camper or boat.
I believe that we all have now replaced our old incandescent bulbs with fluorescent ones, also called energy-saving. Fluorescent lamps have undoubtedly improved luminous efficiency than incandescent but there is a new type of lighting that is emerging in the market: the LED lighting. In fact, thanks to the relentless development over the last few years in the manufacture of leds leds and especially the power, the technology of various lighting devices is suffering from some time now, a huge change due to its great advantages.
Let's see some areas mainly interested in this important change:
- lamps for public street lighting. They are in fact born along our streets more and more street lights to LED powered with photovoltaic and wind, streetlights clean energy self-sufficient. These installations are favored by: no energy cost, maximum safety from electrical shock, reduced maintenance costs, no excavation and related disruption to traffic, no problem of power failure, all for the benefit of the environment and society.
- car headlights. The installation of the LED lights in the car is increasing dramatically since it was found that there are many advantages such as the absence of production of heat, the long duration of life (it may never be necessary to replace them) and the ignition rapid (immediate reporting of braking and other warning signs).
- spotlights for interior lighting, home camper. Excellent for reducing energy consumption of the house and then to save on your electricity bill. The LED spotlights are ideal especially in caravans, where there is the need to reduce waste to a minimum. One of the advantages in this type of lighting is the possibility, via a trimmer, to be able to adjust the light intensity of the LED spotlights. Finally, LED spotlights do not have annoying flickering of the light beam as it have the bulbs.
In summary, what are the advantages of LED lighting? The advantages that are making now irreplaceable LED lighting are numerous, but can be summarized in these points:
1) high luminous efficiency (and therefore reduced power consumption)
2) low heat
3) longer duration of life compared to traditional light sources (over 50,000 hours average life)
4) absence of light pollution (light-free component infrared and ultraviolet)
5) low voltage operation (also be fueled by a battery)
6) ability to adjust the light intensity by a potentiometer
7) ecocompatibility (absence of lead and heavy metals)
As with the emission of light in a diode led? What diodes LED light emission is obtained by applying to the junction of the diode a voltage slightly higher than its threshold value, which can vary depending on the diode used. The direct current that passes through the diode in the junction causes a recombination of electric charges due to the presence, in the wafer of silicon, of molecules of particular substances, called impurities. E 'is this recombination, which gives rise to the issue of light, the composition of which depends strictly on the type of impurity used to effect the doping of the semiconductor material which constitutes the junction. For your information, in order to obtain white light using two main techniques: additive synthesis and excitement of fluorescent substances.
What are the substances that determine the color of the LEDs? Below you will find the various compounds used for the doping of the chip in relation to the wavelength of the emitted light, and then the color obtained. For wavelengths between about 780 nm and 1 mm are infrared rays are very useful in many applications in electronics (pyrometric sensors, night vision devices, remote controls, ..).
|InGaN||Indium-gallium nitrite||340-500 nm||U.V, Blue, Green|
|SiC||Silicon Carbide||460 nm||Blue|
|GaP||Gallium phosphide||550 nm||Green|
|AlGaP||Aluminium-Gallium Phosphide||560 nm||Yellow, Green|
|AlAs||Aluminium Arsenide||590 nm||Yellow|
|AlGaInP||Aluminum-gallium-indium Phosphide||540-760 nm||Green, Orange, Red|
|AlGaAs||Aluminum Gallium Arsenide||770-870 nm||Red e Infrared|
|GaAs||Gallium arsenide||870 nm||Infrared|
|InP||Indium phosphide||930 nm||Infrared|
|InGaAsP||Phosphide-arsenide of Gallium-indium||1.100-1.670 nm||Infrared|
Was this information helpful? Keep up to date free of charge thanks to our Facebook Page!
LED Lighting: A Primer to Lighting the Future. Paperback: 70 pages
Power Supplies for LED Driving. Paperback: 248 pages
Fundamentals of Lighting, 2nd Edition. Paperback: 384 pages
How to properly connect in parallel equal and different panels, what happens in case of shading and how to optimize the system.
How to properly connect in series equal and different panels, what happens in case of shading and how to optimize the system.
Do you want to be updated on news from Mppt Solar? Subscribe: easy and free!
Want to learn more about Renewable Energy?
Well, in this section you will find some of the best books on the market, selected and ordered by Mppt Solar to provide a clear and comprehensive answers to your questions.